With offices in both the UK and the UAE we regularly work with overseas and expatriate investors.
If you’re buying an investment property from overseas there will be a unique set of considerations:
It is key to ensure your investment holding is arranged as efficiently as possible, one route overseas buyers should consider when investing in UK property is to purchase within a UK based limited company.
Not only is it usually more effective from a tax perspective, establishing a Special Purpose Vehicle can also present greater options for overseas buyers seeking a mortgage.
Focusing on the type of property that best suits an overseas investor, it’s prudent to select options that are as hands-off and low maintenance as possible.
For this reason, we strongly recommend modern rental investments where a good management company is in place who will handle any issues on an investor’s behalf.
Off plan investment, securing a property within a development during the construction phase can offer an overseas buyer all the benefits of capital appreciation in a property hotspot, without any hassle.
Tips for overseas investors
- Research the best locations to invest
- Consider the most suitable type of property for your circumstances
- Understand the tax implications and regulations for foreign investors
- Seek local expert advice and partner with trusted individuals or companies
- Diversify your investments to mitigate risk and increase the available opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with changes in laws and regulations that may affect your investments